I went to the petrol station to get a pint of milk. And there,
tethered to the tire pump was an Afghan Hound. If I'd been in the
middle of Chelsea, this would hardly have been a surprise, but
here in central Reading, the word 'dog' conjures up the image of
an old lady's scruffy demi-poodle. It was the size of a small
pony, with a slender grey face and long, oat-coloured hair parted
neatly down its middle. It peered quizically at me - I felt a bit
stuck as I had only ever encountered pictures of them in
childrens' encyclopedias and it was quite overwhelming to meet
one in the flesh. Anyhow, I got my milk, and when I came out of
Costcutter, the hound was gone.
It (like everything else these days!) inevitably made me think of
work. I come across about 10 things (whether medical conditions,
bizarre family relationships etc.) every day that I've only ever
seen in a book, and my first reaction is inevitably 'oh look, it
really exists!' Then I struggle to conceal my amazement, as
patients don't like it when you haven't seen something before.
Even if you are only 25 and they are going on 90.
Friday, March 25, 2005
Dog
Posted by cirrus29 at 11:30 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment