...Hackney has been declared worst place in Britain to live. Living and working in Hackney, I'm at once reassured that I'm not mad (or alone) in thinking that things are pretty rubbish here but also slightly offended - since becoming a community doctor here (though this is, of course only until february), I do feel in a (albeit miniscule) way responsible for the quality of life of Hackney residents.
I opened my email at work today to find a message from the Mayor of Hackney himself. "Crime is down by 22%..." it read, "the greatest decrease in London. Our schools are improving..." It went on to encourage recipients to write to Channel 4 in protest, or send an email of encouragement to the local council. "Wear your 'i love Hackney' badge with pride," it said. My what? Curious as to how to obtain one, I clicked on the link to the council's website. Must get the T-shirt.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
It's official
Posted by cirrus29 at 8:36 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment