Tuesday, January 17, 2006

pick and mix selection

..bizarre use of this phrase by one of the MCQ bank websites I was frequenting until yesterday. Felt a bit deflated after the exam (2x 2h30min papers); I just didn't know enough of the answers with enough confidence to believe I'll pass (it's a competitive exam - only the top 30% are allowed to pass). Feel a mite better after consulting my dusty old anatomy text - the thoracic duct does indeed drain into the left subclavian vein - a fact I have not revisted since year 1 of medical school. Now all I have to do is wait 5 weeks to find out if I have to pay another 275 pounds to re-sit.

Made a courgette cake instead of dinner (the thought of cooking a meal and dessert is just a bit much) - sugary playdough-like (due to the erroneous assumption that putting it in at a higher temperature would make it cook faster) confection containing an entire grated courgette. Made MK guess what was in the cake. Unfortunately as he is completely colour-blind, the green flecks (and indeed the green tinge of the cake) did not offer any clues (which was the point). He had no idea. He thought it was a good cake though. Maybe it was a bit of a duff courgette.

Working the weekend again!! T is coming down from Edinburgh this weekend and we were going to watch Daniel Barenboim at the Barbican. Until I remembered I had to work. This (despite my numerous other complaints) is the primary reason why working weekends is Rubbish. And why the thought of having to work weekends for the rest of my life is so depressing I try my best to live in denial of it (hence all the appointments I make that I suddenly remember I can't keep).

At least this time I get to fly home afterwards.

0 comments: